Welcome to The Short Story competition 2015!
Thanks to everyone for submitting to The Short Story competition 2015. The 2015 shortlist is now below. Winners will be announced very shortly:
- Clay for Bones – C. G. Menon
- Down the Knackers – Katy Jarratt
- Innocently Sinister – Kevin McMahon
- Invocation – Dan Micklethwaite
- Pearl Divers and Flower Maidens – Sarah Isaac
- We Were All Perfectly Happy – Johanna Lipford
The 2015 longlist is as follows:
- A Year of Crime
- Clay for Bones
- Down the Knackers
- Gerardo Dreams of Chillies
- Innocently Sinister
- Irrational Happiness
- Off the Rails
- Only the Stars are Dancing
- Pearl Divers and Flower Maidens
- Sanatorium of the Unpublished
- We Were All Perfectly Happy
Background to The Short Story competition
Set up in 2011 and now in its fifth year, it showcases the best short stories from around the world. Three cash prizes will be awarded:
First prize: £300
Second prize: £150
Third prize: £50
The deadline for submission: 15th September 2015.
Entry fee: £5 (PayPal only)
The winners will be published on the website and may be included in a future anthology. See Past Winners for previous prize-winning stories, including two Costa Short Story Award winners. Winners will be announced in December 2015.
Click on the Submission Guidelines for more details and follow me on Twitter @theshortstory11.
And here is a picture of the anthology, Best of The Short Story, Volume 1, from the first 3 years of the competition, sitting on one of Kerry’s cushions. A free copy was given to every contributor and to everyone who had been involved in the competition from the beginning. Too many to mention here, but you know who you are. Thank you!