The Short Story competition 2017 will open its doors on May 31st, 2017. Previous winners can be found on the Past Winners page.
You will need to have a PayPal account in order to enter. If you don’t have a PayPal account, it is very easy and quick to set up.
To submit your story, please follow the instructions below:
1. Pay the entry fee of £8 (GBP) via PayPal (log in to PayPal and click ‘Send money’ on menu bar. Enter the email address: email@example.com. If prompted select ‘No Physical Delivery Required’ for the postal address).
2. You can now submit your short story via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please don’t send it to the info gmail address)
3. Include your PayPal transaction number with your submission. This will have been automatically sent to your email upon payment, and will look something like this: Transaction ID: 95M86475T51721358. Note, no fee, no reading.
4. Add your name, email address, contact telephone number (including country code) and country of origin. It’s great hearing about where you all come from.
5. Include the story title (please don’t leave this blank!)
6. Don’t forget to actually submit your story (obvious, I know, but people get to this stage and then forget to attach the most important bit).
7. Where you heard about The Short Story Competition, if you can remember. I really enjoy reading this, so please do let me know.
8. If someone is paying for you on your behalf, can you please make sure he/she states the story title and your name in the PayPal notes, so I can match the payment with the right person and story.
Don’t forget to send your story to the following email address: email@example.com